Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Yoga
When it comes to Yoga, not too many students know much about it. They either think it does nothing for you, or they think it would be embarrassing to do it. I was always one of those people who thought it would be a waste of time to do it. But after recently participating in several classes, i feel it was one of the best things i did during my off season for baseball. Yoga does not only work balance, strength, relax you, but it also helps you mentally. Being mentally prepared is a way to gain an advantage on any competition in any job, sport, or activity. So next time you have the opportunity to try it, GIVE IT A SHOT!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yoga sound like it would be a lot of fun. We did it in one of my classes as a warm-up and like you said it is a workout. I would like to get involved in a class where could I get involved? I also think that the Physical Education department should have a class that is for activities like yoga so that we could learn how to do and teach the class. I mean we do learn how to teach volleyball, basketball, softball and others but we are told that when we teach we are not supposed to focus on these activities. What do you think?
ReplyDeleteI started to go to Yoga on Tuesday and Thursday mornings at the ARC at 7:00am...yes i know it sounds crazy. But, I'm telling you that it is so worth it. Even though I'm half asleep, it is the two most relaxing hours of my week and a great stretch. I feel great when I'm done and I can focus a lot better for the rest of the day. I think everyone should try it, its soooo relaxing. Students would be really interested in learning yoga so its a good time to learn now so it'll be easy to teach later.
ReplyDeleteYoga sounds like a great way to relax as well as work on strength and flexibility. I hope that I will be able to get out of bed to make it to a couple of the classes in the morning. Is that the only time that it is? It would be great to be able to learn about it and know it to be able to teach it in class.
ReplyDeleteI don't know... I'm still kind of ify on yoga, mostly because I'm not flexible enough in the first place to make my body do half of the moves. However the relaxing part and being able to touch my toes on a daily basis sounds pretty nice. John said 7:00 a.m.?! Softball till midnight and yoga seven hours after doesn't sound too fun, but maybe in the fall I'll look into some classes... if you say it works, it probably does, I'm just stubborn.
ReplyDeleteI am stubborn too, however after reading your post and a few of the comments I would be willing to try it. I couldn't say I would be doing the 7 am work out like Doyle but if I had someone to go with and the class was offered later I would give it a shot.
ReplyDelete